The call for entries is open from February 14th to April 7th. Depending on the category, either a digital product or service, team or an individual will be awarded. The winners will be chosen among five finalists.
In addition to the seven categories Blue Arrow Awards will select the Best Digital Service of the year among all finalists.
Submitting Your Entry
The entry submission is a case description, submitted as a link with the entry form. Use your own words to make a compelling case, but please remember that the Jury will evaluate it by the stated criteria.
Common rules for entries
- The product/service must be publicly available for evaluation
- The product/service must have significant changes between 2016-2017
- The entry must be submitted in English, Finnish or Swedish
- You may reuse your existing collateral as the entry, such as a case description, pitch deck or a blog
- You may submit entry of your own business or on behalf of your customer
- You may participate multiple categories with the same product/service
- You are encouraged to promote your own entry - with your permission, Blue Arrow Awards will make it public.
- Entry submissions cost 100€ + VAT each
An exception on Finnish Code Ambassador and Transformer categories
These individual awards are free to be submitted by anybody, they will be free, and a case description is not required. Just write a short justification and and point to a public link or other reference that the Jury can familiarise with.
Digital service that customers love with IXDA Helsinki
This category awards the customer experience that is loved by their customers.
Such services are easy and enjoyable to use; at best, they help the customers to complete tasks and achieve their goals - when online or/and outside of it.
We award this prize to a Service that is loved by its end-users whether they are consumers, employees or citizens.
Organizer at IXDA Helsinki, Design Director at Digital Foodie Ltd.
Service Design Lead at Ixonos
Design Director at Conmio
Data-Driven Design Specialist at SC5
Designer at Vincit
- What is the impact of the service on users’ lives?
- How has the service met its intended goals?
- What kind of evidence can present for meeting these goals?
Service with the most impact on society with TIVIA
This category awards a digital effort that has improved the lives of citizens or made the whole society more efficient. It is a digital phenomenon that has transformed our everyday life, saved or prolonged our lives or made the whole community run smoother.
We award this prize to a Service that has significantly impacted the everyday life of people.
PhD; Post-doctoral researcher, University of Helsinki; Founder, Filosofian Akatemia Oy
Principal UX Designer at Nitor
Business Development Manager at Zervant
Head of Operations at SC5 Online
Software Developer, Futurice
Software Architect, Gofore
Chief Executive, TIVIA
- Positive impact on the everyday life of a single person or a group
- Merges gaps between cultures, socio-economic groups, factions or beliefs
- Promotes accessibility in society
- Enhances fairness, equal opportunity or equality for minorities
Award for personal Impact on the industry with Koodia Suomesta Ry
Finnish Code Ambassador
We need innovation, new ideas and sometimes shocks to get our industry to move forward. To encourage this brave behaviour, we introduce the Finnish Code Ambassador - an award for personal or collective impact on the industry.
We award this prize to a Person or a Team who has created something that benefits us all, such as a new way of working or raised important issue to general awareness. The category is co-organised with Koodia Suomesta Ry. Name a person/team that you deeply respect!
Editor in Chief, Alma Talent
Chairman at Koodia Suomesta ry, CEO at Exove
Member at Koodia Suomesta ry, Grump at Vincit
Developer, Mirum Agency
Software Developer, Futurice
- The benefit for the Finnish software industry
- Bringing technology more accessible for a wider part of the society
- The impact of the effort
A digital service with cutting edge development
This category awards the engineering effort that makes complex thing simpler, more stable and beneficial. We cheer both solid systems and also smart technical innovations.
We award this prize to the code that stands the test of time and award the Product/Service that maintains the robust code. Your code may be a full system, exceptional library or a superb algorithm.
Co-founder: IRC-Galleria, Heimo, Ninchat
Software Developer, Gofore Oy
Software Developer, SC5 Online
Software Developer, Futurice
Senior Consultant, Houston Inc.
- Fault tolerant execution of the code
- Business impact
- Maintainability, readibility of the code
- Modularity and extensibility
- Release history and short release cycle
- Openness of the effort (open API or open source project)
The change agent of the year with Digitalist Network
Everybody talks about the profound ways digitalisation changes the business, but few organisations have managed to change accordingly. This category celebrates the exceptional leaders that drive change in the organisations.
We award this prize to an Individual that changed the minds and the hearts of an organisation to reap the benefits of digitalization.
Founder at Digitalist Network
Director of Customer Development at Vincit
Senior Service Designer, Futurice
Chief Strategy Officer, Mirum Agency
Vice President and Partner, Marketing, Strategic Accounts, Solita Design and Advisory Services
- Visible change in the ways of work of the organisation
- Involving the whole organisation and the customers in the process
- Smart utilisation of the digital technologies in the organisation
- Positive impact in the bottom line of the business
A Team with effective and flourishing work culture
Best Performing Team
This category promotes exceptionally brave working cultures that have challenged the traditional ways of working. Through trial and error, they have created an innovative environment that constantly shows good results.
We award this prize to a Team that has created a functional, creative and sustainable work culture that not only helps the organisation reach its goals, but that is able to respond to the constant change.
CEO of Tomorrow Labs, Host of Boss Level Podcast
HR Consultant, Space Nation & House11
Consultant, Great Place to Work
Growth Hacker at Reaktor
Art Director, Mirum Agency
- The results the team has been able to deliver
- The impact for the whole organisation around the team
- The smart practices that make the team exceptionally creative and/or productive
A digital service with a novel angle on doing business
This category celebrates finding innovative business opportunities by using digital technology. Whether it is new or established business and if it positively affects your top or bottom line, brings competitive advantage or helps to keep your business relevant, it’s a perfect match for viable business category.
We award the prize for a Product/Service that makes a positive impact on business using digital technologies or by creating a positive buzz in a digital landscape.
Director, Head of Customer Experience and Digital Services, PlusTerveys Oy
Co-Founder, Head of Marketing & Comms, Wolt
Executive Vice President, Eficode
- Solid business case description on what makes the business viable in a first place.
- What was the problem and how was it solved?
- Novelty of the idea in general.